“The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.” – The Marquis de Sade
Yes, they have done it again. You, dear reader and devotee, have no doubt noticed our absence from the blogosphere. This was not a voluntary departure. Rather, the evil WordPress censorship scourge to the freedom of speech struck again.
The short of it is, we had paid good money to WordPress to reserve our domain name: mysexlifewithlola.com. That domain was set to expire at the end of November. WordPress was kind enough to send numerous reminders to renew the domain. As we approached the middle of November, I tried to renew the domain through WordPress, only to find that I was not allowed to do so. After complaining to their technical support department, they told me that since our WordPress account had been “suspended” due to its “pornographic content,” we could not renew.
Thanks again to our knight of the internet – a fellow sex-blogging fan of ours who came to our aid the first time WordPress shut us down – we were able to navigate the intricacies of moving our domain host to a more hospitable company. Yet, unbeknownst to us, such changes can take up to 10 days to complete. Hence, our long absence.
First the bad: Here is a list of all the offenses WordPress has committed:
1. They shut down our blog on the 4th of July without warning or notice.
2. When we inquired as to why, they told us that it was due to the “pornographic nature of the content.” They never gave us a chance to rectify whatever it was they found objectionable because they never told us specifically what it was they found objectionable.
3. Prior to shutting us down – when it came to their attention about how much web-traffic we got – they asked us if they could post ads on our blog and they told us that they would pay us for them. They never paid us a dime for all the ads and ad revenue they got for free.
4. When we tried to warn others through comments on other people’s blogs about the dangers of WordPress, they shut down our commenting capabilities on WordPress so that many of you – our fellow bloggers – cannot know that we “like” your postings or what we think of your postings. They have gagged us (and not in a good way!).
5. Finally, and most upsetting perhaps, due to our blog being down, we totally missed out on being considered for Rori’s Top 100 Sex Bloggers of 2013! She thought we had “departed.” We congratulate all of you who made the list, no matter how upsetting it is to know that so many of you voted for us in vain due to no fault of our own.
Now for the good:
This censorship snafu has caused a few unforeseen positive consequences:
1. Many of you – our dear readers – have written in and told us how much you miss us and how concerned you are about our absence. Some of the best quotes were:
“You and Lola make me cum like nobody’s business!”
“I start my morning everyday with your blog. I so enjoy your antics of teasing Lola as well as Lola’s nymphomanical tricks to get what she wants. What a shock when i found the link had been suspended! Please let me know if you guys will be back or redirect to your new link.
I’m going through withdrawal, help me out!!!!”
“Oh no! What happened? Your blog is gone again!!! Sadness!”
These encouraging words and more like them helped us to get over the frustration caused by WP.
2. Since blogging was no longer possible, it gave me some much needed time to edit the earlier stories in order to put them into a book form. So, you may notice that the first thirty stories or so are unavailable. That is because they will soon be published as Volume One. There shall be more about that soon.
3. This hiatus has made Lo even more randy than usual and there’s lots of new stories to tell about her sexploits. See you soon, right here, at mysexlifewithlola.com
If you want to help us out and fight censorship at the same time, please repost this on your blog. Thanks ~ Lo & HH
We shall soon resume our regularly scheduled programming – October is Orgasm Month.